Your vehicle's exhaust does a lot more than just remove spent fumes from your engine. A properly functioning exhaust system helps to control noise, improves engine performance and even aids fuel efficiency.
If there are any faults with your exhausts system, it can affect vehicle performance, have a greater environmental impact as well as a poor fuel economy. For this reason, it’s important to keep an eye on the tell-tale symptoms of exhaust malfunction.
The noise your exhaust makes can tell you a lot about its general condition:
- A loud roar could signify a hole in your exhaust pipe
- A persistent rattle may mean part of the exhaust is loose
- A tinkling sound could be a problem with your silencer
- A chugging noise could indicate a blockage in the system
- A hissing sound often indicates a crack in a gasket, pipe or in the manifold
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms or have any other concerns with your exhaust or catalytic converter, phone on 01257 269 298 or complete our contact form.